Me, me, me.

APATHY ON THE RISE, NO ONE CARES

Myndin mín
Nafn:
Staðsetning: Reykjavik, Iceland

mánudagur, júní 13, 2005

I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while. But it's summer, and sometimes it's nice out... and there is less to complain about.
I have a summer job, can you believe it?? I have a research grant, doing a project for the equality commission of the city of Reykjavik. It's a follow up research on a project that was done in '96-'98, where Reykjavik experimented with paternity leave for men (today men have 3 months paternity leave at the birth of a child, but back then they didn't)... so it's up to me to evaluate the long-term effects (if any) such a leave has had on the fathers, the families and the organisation of work within the family. This is of course very close to my masters project so I am very happy. Plus I am less poor!

What else, what else? I have to kick myself in the butt. I have to start working (and I have, a bit) but it is so SUNNY out!! This is rare in Iceland, for those of you who don't know...

Ohh, did I tell you I have a brand-spankin' new cousin? Apparantly he is gorgeous, but I haven't seen him yet. Mostly because my uncle and his family live out in the sticks. We're not even talking suburbia here. You have to cross a heath to get there, and if you have to cross a heath you have crossed some invisible line between city life and the country. OK, so it's only the town of Hveragerði, half an hour from Reykjavik. But STILL : HEATH!!!

Had a lovely time this weekend... I went for a café in the sun with Helga where we sat with Viggi and Vala and some of their friends... then I babysat for Gunna with Ásthildur and we cooked us some buuurgers... and I went for a long(ish) walk with Birna who then cooked for me (master chef, my Burns) and we watched North by NorthWest... I have a huge thing for Cary Grant. Hihihi. All in all a very nice weekend... (I didn't go out, did you pick up on that!?!?! And then of course my phone was swamped with exciting offers to go downtown from some of my favourite people, which never happens when I actually do go out... Fucking Murphy and his stupid legislation...)

Am gonna finish up here and go and drink coffee with Ino in the sun and then try and do some more research...
Suuuuun... :-D

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Heim