Me, me, me.

APATHY ON THE RISE, NO ONE CARES

Myndin mín
Nafn:
Staðsetning: Reykjavik, Iceland

föstudagur, júlí 28, 2006

I am so mad, furious, sad, angry, frustrated at the state of the world. Are people idiots? Who thought that creating weapons in the first place was a good idea?

What the fuck is the matter with the Israelis, for example? I'm no supporter of the Hizbollah, but the Israeli's response is so far out of line, the line is only a dot to them. Examples?
** Bombing civilian aerias and vital resources, killing hundreds of children and grownups, 95% of whom have nothing to do with the Hizbollah.
**Attacking the UN outpost (is outpost the right word? My english fails me..) - despite the Irish UN general who called the Israeli 6 times to warn them about the outpost's location and the UN soldiers /who later got killed) who called them 10 times. After 16 warnings they still get away with saying that the bombing was accidental???
**Warning civilians to vacate the area and then bombing the train of cars as they are leaving.
**Attacking Red-Cross ambulances.
**Bombing Palestinians like crazy during their attack on Lebanon - hey, that way, nobody will notice much.

And the US media is so biased, it's unfrigging believable!

I remember living in NY and reading the news there. They do tell you about the one Palistinian committing a suicide bombing in Israel (which I do not condone, mind you) but they always seem to forget the responses of the Israeli army... how much, much more they kill and maim and ruin in their fierce retaliations.

And does NO-ONE in the States (or at least the media, and Di honey, you're of course not included here) see the resemblance between Apartheit and the Israeli's policy towards the Palestinians? Helloooo? And, calling things the way they are: i.e. that the Israeli government has been guilty of genocide towards the Palestinian people, does NOT make me an anti-semite!

Having gone through horrible things in your past does NOT give you a free pass to kill and abuse other people in the present.

********************************************************

There. That having been said. It's Friday. I'm going to read like crazy this weekend (having patched things up with my library)...
I'm going to cook a good meal and drink red wine and some cooooold beer.

I am NOT going to:
cry over Television no more.
I've been going through this phase. It's freaky. I was watching the episode where Buffy gets chosen as Class Protector of her high school and I cried!! I've been crying over commercials!
I must be pregnant!
Hahahaha!
NO, I'M NOT!! (unless... it might be an immaculate conception... wouldn't be the first time... although... it would probably only be the second time and I haven't really seen any scientific evidence for the first one)
OK, catch you later.

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Heim