Me, me, me.

APATHY ON THE RISE, NO ONE CARES

Myndin mín
Nafn:
Staðsetning: Reykjavik, Iceland

fimmtudagur, júlí 20, 2006

well, well, well... did I just fall from the edge of the earth or what. What. I mean, no falling, earth being round and all. Sooo... Well, I moved out, to a little stone cottege-type studio flat... tiny but very warm and cosy. It's right smack in the middle of down-town Reykjavik. My dormant decorating skills got awoken and have proven to be slightly less magnificent than formerly believed... but still sufficient to make the place livable (I think).
Last weekend me and Valla headed off to the Western fjords of Iceland (pining for the fjords). I had never been there, so I decided to it was about time... We drove up West, taking in every folk museum on the way - from Hólmavík to Bolungavík and had a very nice time. We had a really nice time although I must say that long-distance driving will never be a big favorite of mine... after driving for 6 hours straight on bad roads I get kind of paranoid when I see an approaching car in the distance... In Flateyri I discovered my roots and found the house my great-grandma (amma Ágústa) grew up in (took some photos - any relatives interested can get them sent ;) I just asked around until someone told me to call this woman who knew the house... I asked her if she knew the house that captain Helgi Andrésson lived in around 1900... and she said: Sure, that's the Helgi Andrésson house! Anyway... I will aspire to be witty and interesting at a later time... I'm gonna go and see the four mast sailboat that's in Reykjavik harbour with my niece (it's weird, the things that stick from your upbringing - I have a compulsive need to go look at every single foreign sailboat that moors at the Reykjavik docks)
Allrighty, see you later, me go burn in sun now...

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Heim