Me, me, me.

APATHY ON THE RISE, NO ONE CARES

Myndin mín
Nafn:
Staðsetning: Reykjavik, Iceland

föstudagur, október 28, 2005

I woke up last night at 05:30. Which in itself is quite strange. I invariably sleep like a rock throughout the night, I wouldn't wake up if there was a volcanic eruption next door (an event not likely to occur in any case).

Anyway, I wake up at 05:30. I lie awake for about ten to fifteen seconds and then I turn my head towards my nightstand and almost like in a dream I hear a little beep and the light goes on on my cell-phone.
I immdediately think: Oh, it's Sólrún.
And I check my message and lo and behold, it was Sólrún saying goodbye before leaving on tour. Worth to note I had no idea when she would be leaving, just that it was sometime today.
Isn't this weird?
I think it is. Very Twilight Zony, Twin Peaksy, kindof.

Today winter arrived in Reykjavík. The wind has been howling and blowing snow up and down and everywhere around. I huddled down with a bunch of three and four year olds inside all day, drinking hot cocoa and watching Ávaxtakarfan.

Now I'm home and I have this overwhelming urge to go out tonight. There is nothing like going out in a snowstorm. Once me, Helga and Ester went out in a snowstorm that was so big only one bar was open (Glaumbar, hahaha) and we had to catch a ride with a rescue-squad to get there, eventhough it was only about 500 meters. That was fun.

I'm now waiting for a guy from Edda publishing. He's going to come between the hours of 18-19 to give me a little speach on the fantastic book- and magazine deals they have (not knowing I couldn't possibly afford ANYthing right now) and in turn I will receive a free book... I usually say no to these things but I really need free stuff right now, so what the heck.
Have a nice weekend, wherever you are.

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Heim