Me, me, me.

APATHY ON THE RISE, NO ONE CARES

Myndin mín
Nafn:
Staðsetning: Reykjavik, Iceland

föstudagur, nóvember 11, 2005

Well hello there, how you doin'? I'm fine... it's the end of the first week of my new job and I am exhausted... kindof... I've been up since five a.m. and I'm surprisingly frisky (frisky?)... after all it is a Friday night. Friday nights are meant for socializing. OK, so what did I learn this week?

First of all, I know squat about journalism. My grasp of the Icelandic language, of which I have always been proud of... well, I don't know how to put this, really. But... I think my English is actually better than my Icelandic. Maybe not, though... it depends on how you look at it. I do not subscribe to the puritanistical view of the language, although I certainly try not to abuse it. Anywho. Stress, big time. I've learned a lot though. Also learned that I read news like a high school drama student. Must practice the news cadence... got some tips today, will practice this weekend... (like they say, have pen, will travel. While this does not apply in any way to what I just said, it still has a nice little ring to it, don't you think?).

Oh, I forgot. For those who don't know what I'm doing still, I got a job at the new TV station, called Nýja Fréttastöðin (the New Newschannel... sounds better in Icelandic). I will be a video-journalist. Up until now I've been doing news for visir.is, a web-site, and Bylgjan, a radio station. Mind you, an extremely minor part of the news-team (as of now). Soon the new tv station will be on and I'll be jumpin' around town with my little digital camera and editing on some foreign editing program.

What else? Oh, I can't tell! That would be... well... telling.
Yes, one thing... :)
Congratulations Vala, Kjartan and Ásgeir for the spankin' new member of the family!!! Vala gave birth to a baby boy yesterday, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing him!
Cheers, darlin'!

0 Ummæli:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Heim